Thursday, May 1, 2014

3Serangkai Dalam Aksi

I have a new challenge for local jewelry maker!
I call it 3Serangkai Dalam Aksi (Triumvitare In Action). Me and other two jewelry makers - Jane Pranata and Diah Anggreni, we agreed to send the same package and create them into art things, so it could be anything, not only jewelry *smile*

And I became the first package sender for April. Here the package that I sent for Diah and Jane...

::: Rainbow Package :::

 Merah = Red
Red acrylic butterfly beads
Jingga = Orange
 Deep orange electroplate drop glass beads
Kuning = Yellow 
Beaded bead by me
Biru = Blue
 China seed beads
Hijau = Green
 Faceted agate gemstones beads
Nila = Indigo
 Grosgrain ribbon
Ungu = Purple
Gudo traditional stick glass beads

April is very busy. Some challenges that I've registered, there some should be forced to abort by me. Between the hectic schedule, these are jewelleries that I can design from the above package.

::: Rainbow :::
I tried my best to use all kind of beads in the package. So I decide to make bracelet and earring with rainbow colors on the both items. I had to unload my seed bead collection to find a suitable color for the rainbow. Fortunately I have the seven colors
Rainbow appears after the rain. That is why I choose handmade air-dry clay sunflower by Wulan Pelita Craft. I purposely design the earrings mismatched to give something more eye-catching. 

::: Pelangi :::
Just like the earring, so does the bracelet has rainbow colors. I adore polymer clay. And the focal bead is polymer clay link handmade by Rebekah Payne of Tree Wings Studio, one of my favorite artist. I keep the link for quite some times finally I used it *smile*
I play with wire a lot lately. Wire and seed bead. I made a wire wrapped toogle and clasp.
 And finally I'm connecting the bracelet with grosgrain ribbon. Adding butterfly charm too.
When I looking at the earrings and the bracelet, I realized that I made a lot of components with my hand. I strung them together with mass production beads and gorgeous artisan components. If we can make the components by ourself, then it will be easier to design a unique and one of a kind jewelry right.

I can't hardly wait for the May package to be delivered by Diah for me and Jane. I hope you enjoy reading about my local challenge and the design process. Do you want to know what Diah and Jane create with my rainbow package? Just simply click below okay...

2 comments:

  1. Nice beads, I also liked what Diah had done with her beads

    ReplyDelete