Thursday, May 1, 2014

Monthly Challenge : May 2014

W.O.W.
It's already May! Really, time goes by so fast. Sooner will be mid-year of 2014. What progress did you already make in jewelry making? As for me, a courage to try new techniques in jewelry making, is a huge progress. I challenged my courage once again to use candy colors in my design lately. One of the design is Rainbow set for 3Serangkai Dalam Aksi challenge. Jewelry making is something new for me. Before making jewelry I am a beads hoarder *l.o.l* and far away before beads and jewelry making, I've known astronomy since elementary school. 

Theme for this month is a little memory of something I had long known, namely a.s.t.r.o.n.o.m.y. Astronomy Day for 2014 will be on May 10th , as well as the birthday of SETI@Home on May 22nd, a scientific project that I follow to this day. So...I will pick something related with astronomy. Yuuupppsss...I will use one poster from famous movie last year and the movie bring its director to be Best Director for Oscar 2014.

Release Date : Oct 4, 2013
Directed By : Alfonso Cuarón

Gravity is a 2013 British-American 3D epic science fiction thriller film. It was directed, co-written, co-produced and co-edited byAlfonso Cuarón, and stars Sandra Bullock and George Clooney as astronauts involved in the mid-orbit destruction of a space shuttle and their attempt to return to Earth. Despite being set in space, the film uses motifs from shipwreck and wilderness survival stories about psychological change and resilience in the aftermath of catastrophe. Cuarón uses Stone to illustrate clarity of mind, persistence, training, and improvisation in the face of isolation and the mortal consequences of a relentless Murphy's Law (anything that can go wrong will go wrong). The problem of shooting long scenes in a zero-g environment was a challenge. Eventually, the team decided to use computer-generated imagery for the spacewalk scenes and automotive robots to move Bullock's character for interior space station scenes. This meant that shots and blocking had to be planned well in advance for the robots to be programmed. It also made the production period much longer than expected. When the script was finished, Cuarón assumed it would take about a year to complete the film, but it took four and a half years *wwaaooow*

Gravity is an eerie, tense sci-fi thriller that's masterfully directed and visually stunning for me. The one and only movie which ever made me gasping for breath such as O2 around me sucked away. Have you watched it? Either already watched or not *yet* you still can join the challenge for this month *wink*

How do I enter?
Simply write a comment on this posting. Don't forget to mention your Facebook account or your blog address.

What can I make?
Anything as long as it is ART! Any technique is accepted, from beadweaving and stringing to wire work and bead embroidery. Lampworkers and polymer clay artists are also welcome to show-off beads they've made. Your creation must be made especially for the challenge, to make it fair on everyone who takes part please do not post something that was made before May 1st 2014.

Does it have to be my own design?
No. I'm happy for you to make something using a pattern from a book, magazine or tutorial but if you do please let us know the designer's name so that we can give them credit.

When is the deadline?
The deadline is Midnight (in your time zone) on Saturday the 31st of May 2014.

Can I make more than one piece?
You can make as many pieces as you like.

I'm not in the Indonesia, can I still join in?
Yes of course! I will welcome participant from around the world so don't worry if you're not in the Indonesia.

Any logo for Monthly Challenge?
Sure, here it is...




3 comments:

  1. I would like to participate. Have a nice May! Everything is blooming here where I live. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to participate....

    ReplyDelete
  3. For sure I must join this month =D

    ReplyDelete