Saturday, May 4, 2013

#18 ~ Abstract

Intermesso...Are you looking for 7th Bead Soup Blog Party - 3rd Reveal? Just click HERE okay. Thanks for coming to my blog. Hope you enjoy my storytelling *smile*

Back to bussiness *wink* 
This week we should take abstract photo. Wooowww...first, I'm little bit confuse with the meaning of abstract. Is that the object should be abstract or the photo result? After couple minutes googling...I think the photo itself should be on both point. Ahhh...difficult!!! I'm not sure I do this kind of shoot. Hope I am on the right trail. Lets start...
I visited the grave of Soekarno - Indonesia's first president, at Blitar near my hometown Kediri. The photos above are inner wall of the tomb area.
 The grave itself is designed with typical Javanese architecture, namely joglo. The cupola's (cungkup in Indonesia language) grave of Soekarno named Astono Mulyo. The photos above are the inside of the top of  cupola. There is a beautiful wooden carved motifs.
Here the out-side of cupola. Do you curious about the actual structure of the grave? Take a look below...

I hope I'm on the right photo *wonder* hope somebody could tell me *please* and if you want to find more of abstract photos by other participants, just simple click HERE. Have a great weekend =*.*=


17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place! I think you got it right. My favorite is the third one. The carved wood is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you can go wrong! I see a prompt as a starting point, gets you snapping, from there it's all how you interpret :) No one is grading you! But I sure am enjoying these photos, what incredible detail. I can just imagine how impressive this is in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me abstract can mean either an actual photo that brings thoughts of something magical in just its composition, which you did wonderfully well, or manipulated by the camera setting or altering afterwards. Again, great job on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! what a fantastic place! I just love the inner walls, but the shots up at the carved ceiling made me feel a bit dizzy... but very abstract :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think anyone knew exactly what we were suppose to photograph this week. the first picture of the grave is quite neat! Same image annette likes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you got it! Love he shots of the ceiling where you don't really know what you are looking at!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post! I love your pictures, such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a difficult time with this assignment as well. I'm not happy with my results but it will have to do. I read on one site that it is the lines, shadows, and colors that help make the photo abstract, and yours fit that. Your photos are gorgeous. What a great place to visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning. I think abstract is in the eye of the beholder....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful photos. I love the first one and the second to last of the "wing." Great interpretations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You totally found an interesting subject, abstract or not. I had a hard time wrapping my head around the challenge also, but I do love all the texture and shapes you've shared here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you did a great job showing abstract. You chose an interesting place and captured it well. The third pic of the wood is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos! It's wonderful seeing different places and architecture like this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everybody seemed to struggled this week - and everybody seems to have found the perfect abstract moment to capture :) Yours is beautifully captured too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that 3rd photo really threw me for a loop, I thought it was some sort of tunnel going on forever until I looked at the rest of the photos, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful lines and shapes within all your pictures. I love the ceiling one and the last one shows a lovely setting.

    ReplyDelete