Saturday, January 12, 2013

#2 ~ Your Word

Well...
Welcome to the 2nd week of Focus On Life 2013 host by Sally Russick. For this week the focus is on 'my word' which mean ( I'm trying to gain a meaning of this theme) the word that will has an important role in my journey through the year of 2013. Thinking about it for sure. I accidentally found it after editing some photos that I snapped on last sunday. It is...

City Park

Ronggolawe Park at Joyoboyo street.
I live in the city of Surabaya since I was in college. That means 13 years now. And you can call me 'weird' for thirteen years that I have not ever tried to visit some parks in Surabaya. I'm nester aka I love to stay at home, go out if there is necessary thing to do outsite. So on last sunday (Jan 6th) me and my hubby went to city park near my house. I brough some beads from my Manik Jawa and some supplies. 
The Playground
For sure I need open place (except my house's backyard), the new one, for my glass beads's photoshot venue. I always using sun light and open space to shot all my beads and jewelry. And perhaps new place to have some inspiration for my PC. So I tried this one...visiting near city park...
Mini Football Field
This is new experience for me. At first...I was trying to enjoy the crowd (especially the kid's scream and laughter). It's difficut. Since I used to work in a state of silence and high concentration when I designing and making jewelry. First...I was trying to gain my concentration and focusing on my glass beads which ready to snap. Some kids came by and asked me few questions. My reaction was s.h.o.c.k cause I was not preparing to be asking that and this. But I have to handle it. Bit by bit...I started to enjoy it. And finally I took some snap for my glass beads. So...it is a very good venue for my glass beads snap *mark*
Horse Statue
Second...I'm fail to get some inspiration from the park for my jewelry. Although the park its self has present its beauty with the flowers and the trees, clean and fresh air, not too hot weather and a strong horse statue as a mark of the park. So I put down my bag of supplies and my note book. And started to walk around the park.
The Park's View
New activity for new year...visiting the city park!
Will continue with other parks next time. I certainly would often visit Ronggolawe park for photograph purposes, specially for my glass beads. Oohhh...so happy finally I found  a new place.

15 comments:

  1. Isn't that funny how we live next to hidden treasures? I am glad you have started to discover your neighbourhood - it's a lovely one! Enjoy your journey and discoveries :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! The outdoors do provide so much visual stimulation and peace of mind too!
    All the very best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious to know in which country you live as the street names seem so exotic...
    It's a great plan to visit the city park more, and I hope you can find inspiration there!
    I'm no. 21 on the list btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great word for the year!!! I can be a homebody too, though when I do go out I wonder why I don't do it more often. I love that you stuck with it and eventually made a goal to visit other parks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for including us on your exploration of your city park. You make us jealous if we live in colder climes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely park. I think "explore" would be a good word for your theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely place to go and feel inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love being outside.. but I live on a highway.. so I tend to hibernate... there is nowhere to walk that I haven't walked hundreds of times before and to get in my car so that I can go for a walk just seems pointless! I wish we had some parks to play in! Enjoy your year exploring your city parks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome way to find inspiration! Love your word and I think that is an awesome idea to see all the different parks you have near you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you LiliKristi! New adventures are great! Your photos are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful that you got out and explored the city park and found that it was a good place to play and create.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful and colorful park to visit! I'm glad you found it a good place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a glorious park! I love all the color-look at the slide! My boys would love that slide!!! What a wonderful body of photographs you have here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too, I like the comfort of homw. But you have provided a great deal of inspiration to go out those doors and discover

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that the kids were intrigued by what you were doing. Talking about your passions and sharing it is a wonderful way to grow and establish yourself. I wish you joy in the journey this year! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete