Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Reveal Day For Ornament Blog Hop


Finally, I finished my first ornament handmade for Art Bead Scene challenge. Little bit blur about the idea. So when I found rattan circular, I began to make simple sketch. You can check HERE my rough sketch for this ornament. Ready to read lengthy description?!? I call this...

...X-mas Mistletoe...


Cute bird hide in the thick mistletoe. The cute bird is handmade polymer clay bead by FABs. The base for the mistletoe embellished, I used 11o MGB delica shape in circular peyote stitch technique. I used sono thread for the whole design.
The mistleto leaves from Miyuki 11o in branch fringe technique, so does the mistleto branches , in Miyuki 11o but for the branchess I used herringbone technique. Meanwhile, the ripe red fruits, those are Gudo pepper glass beads.
I love the red accent from the beads. So perfect for christmas theme.
Lately, I used fringe technique frequently. For leaves, coral, algae, branches and sometimes for beaded tassel. I love the way they dangle, so natural.
The black circular rattan actually is handbag handle *wink* I found in the pile of ingredients for my mom's sewing. So perfect for ornament right. The yellow cross is lightweight color coated brass stamping by Ezel findingsThese filigree stampings are made of brass and coated with a semi-flexible color coating. Can be gently bent or wrapped without damaging or cracking the color coating. Amazing right...The beaded bail I made from Miyuki 11o and 13o using circular peyote stitch technique.
Do you see the daisies?  I learned to make Potawatomi Daisy Chain. Not too neat laahh, but ok right *grin*
DONE!!!
If you want to see other participant's entry for this challenge, tomorrow Dec 12th 2013 you can visit Art Bead Scene blog to check beautiful handmade ornaments. Simply bookmark this LINK for tomorrow. Have a great wednesday everyone. Ohhh...have you decorated your christmas tree already?!?

Tomorrow is NOW...please join with me to blog hop of this challenge

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful as always. You always made me amazed with your design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe thanks a lot Asri =) your handmade is beautiful too.

      Delete
  2. Ohhh, what a cute idea ♥♥♥ you have to know: I love birdies, and your ornament speaks directly with my heart!
    Regarding your question about the Christmas tree.... here in Austria it's a tradition, that the Christ Child decorates the tree on Dec., 24th .... :0)
    xoxo, Michi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh...should be on 24?!? Pretty short of time to decorate the tree than. In here, we already had giant christmas trees on every mall =) and we build artificial snow too, cause here no snow at all =D

      Delete
  3. Birdies - did someone mention Birds?
    Love it, especially that seed bead work too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute idea! Love that adorable little birdie hiding in the mistletoe. I do hope he is not going to be one of those "a little birdie told me" guys because what happens under the mistletoe should stay under the mistletoe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear story about mistletoe is the good version =) hope it can bring good luck and health for the next 2014.

      Delete
  5. That is a ton of work on such a sweet ornament! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am I too serious for an ornament? I never make ornament before, so if too serious, perhaps next time I can make bit easy going style =)

      Delete
  6. Wow, there is so much detail in your ornament. That little birdy is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yuupsss...too detail right =) next time make little bit more cheers look.

      Delete
  7. I love that you upcycled the handbag handle for your ornament base . . . it lends a rustic feel which is perfect for the setting of the scene. I thought it was a great idea to post your rough sketch too. I made one for mine (which I rarely do) and my finished piece was so close to my initial vision!?!?! Next time I will keep and post also . . . thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Chris =)
      A lot, between my rough sketch and my finish piece totally different. Just like this ornament, from the rough, the mistletoe should be on top but then I turn it 180degrees for the finish piece =D

      Delete
  8. What a cute little wreath! I love the cute bird and the cross (flexible color - wow!) and your bead work is divine. Thank you for playing along with us on the Art Bead Scene! Merry Christmas! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you too Erin and your family =)
      Happy to read your comment here hehehe sort of fans of your handmade *wink*

      Delete
  9. Nice work! The bead work at the bottom is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really lovely, it must have taken ages to do all that beading and your daisy chain is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Niky =)
      about 4-5 days to finish the bottom part and 2 days for the top. Yuuuppp I love the daisy chain too, although the result is not too neat.

      Delete