Saturday, February 1, 2014

Dear February...

Earlier this year, I enrolled myself in some challenge events. Total there are five events. But unfortunately I had to cancel one challenge, because the time is up (the deadline is January 31th 2014). One thing I realized after attending many challenges with adjacent deadline is, techniques for making jewelry that I struggled, could not be completed in a short time. Beadweaving is detail and accuracy. Not that I want to make an excuse for failing to meet the quota of the challenges that I have enrolled (of five challenges, only four were successful I follow), but it's just a matter of my shortcomings in a set time to be creative. Next time will be better *promise*

When I said beadweaving can not completed in a short time, I mean it. I take example, to complite my peyote bag on Skull Twist I need six hours. And extra 2 hours to combine the beads and matching the colors for the necklace. And for 1st Winter at Silver Fall I need five days full to complite this work. But I love the process. No matter how weird the result is, just like my Circular Logic, I still love them. Even from the weird, I can learn something - because of the theme, I learned new technique on beadweaving, geometric beadweaving.

Now my focus is on some new challenges on February. I have to finish Chain Contest before February 4th 2014. Gain some idea for Monthly Challenge February 2014. And prepare my self for the 8th Bead Soup Blog Party. And my weekly The Year of Jewelry Project truly drive me into madness *l.o.l* I think those are enough for this month. And I'm starting to re-open my supplies shop at Etsy. And I'm still thinking about selling my jewelry too at Etsy. Lot of thing to be think carefully ha...





I close this opening posting of February with sharing some photos (above) of my birthday gift from my wonderful best friends ever *MakMik*MakFeb*Makrob*MakDok*MaJ* Love you all!!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you! I see you will be busy on February. When you (re)open your Etsy shops let us know. Have a great weekend. Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Ana =)
      Actually my birthday is on December, so the photo above kindly too late to post =D
      I'll inform in this blog if I'm listing new items for Etsy.

      Delete
  2. terlalu banyak challenge emang bikin pusing ya hehe...

    ReplyDelete