Friday, February 28, 2014

Monthly Challenge February 2014 Reveal Day

Before the love of February end, lets reveal our monthly challenge which have yummy inspiration. A simple and chic photograph of cupcake by Robert Clark for an article at National Geographic magazine. If you're beadmaker, you can make cupcake bead using polymer clay or perhaps cupcake lampwork bead *wow* And for inspiration above, I decided to play with the colors. I'm quite busy lately. So I tried to make something simple but still gorgeous (just like the cupcake) and not require lots of technique. I made two kind of jewellry base on red for the cream, crystal for the cupcake wrapper and ceylon topaz for the cake. Here they are...

::: RED GLIDER :::
 I love the red color of the cream, so I made simple brooch using wire. I played with Gudo lampwork bead, synthetic pearls and faceted glass beads.

::: DANCING LIGHT :::
What do you do for your Valentine's Day this year?
Well...for the first time I dance with my hubby. Feel weird actually, cause dance with romantic music is not my nature. But we give it a try. Awkward but it's vivid memory for me, and for him too I believed. So I made this bracelet to remember that night *smile*
 Although it's second quality of crystal glass beads, but still I love the sparking. Just simply string them with elastic cord.
Found the rhinestone charm which matching with the bracelet. I added metal accent by using jump-ring to give chic final looks

Now is time to visit other participant of this challenge. Just click on their name ok...







6 comments:

  1. Cute red glider you have here :-D
    We did not celebrate Valentine day, on February we celebrating our daughter birthday :-D. That was a good idea though to celebrate Valentines day with romantic dance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very different creations. The red glider brooch is unbelievably creative and original. The crystal bracelet is beautiful with its glitter and the adornments you have added give it a designer touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bright color of red glider....and for the bracelet I love the beaded charm... it gives the luxurious touch to the overall bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, the box rhinestone is eye-catching =D

      Delete