Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Bermuda

I must admit that I almost never using chain for my design. My first design using chain is Circular Logic necklace, a week ago. And The Bermuda necklace will be the second *smile* Why am I using chain lately? I bought about five shapes of chain for the purposes of Chain Contest organized by Beadaholique. So...what have I created for the contest this time?
The idea came out when I watched Star Trek series. And they talked about worm hole things. Then my imagination gone wild. The chain is the invisible path or route that connect one place to another. And the triangle is just about coincidence. Why? Cause for now, I love to make geomatric triangle. So I tried to combine the chain's idea and the triangles. I believe that all of you have ever heard about urban legend story the Bermuda triangle right. Where a lot of mysterious activity. So all connected right. The idea about invisible route from Star Trek and the triangle from Bermuda story. And what about the hisbiscus flower? Beside the spooky urban legend story, Bermuda island is beautiful tropical island. That's why the chain's color is silver and gold - bright and sunny and the hisbiscus is flowers are synonymous with the tropic place. And you will find out about my delica colors - brown, matte opaque pear, azure blue are respresent land - air - ocean. three main components of a tropical island.
 ...front looks...
 ...back looks...
Take a look closer, how they connect each other. They all connected by opened-jump ring.
 The hibiscus made from cooper wire with bronze color.
  The triangles made using geometric triangle technique and I used 11o delica from Miyuki. This is new technique for me and love it. And to give color on the opened-jump ring, I added 8o round Miyuki seed bead.
 And I used delicate cable chain in 22K gold plated and bright silver plated.
 And I picked enamel rhinestone flower box clasp.
Here the looks when The Bermuda necklace used. I can said it's matinee length necklace size.

Well...after reading the details of my design and you want to give a VOTE...simply click HERE to get back to Beadaholique Facebook gallery of finalists. Thank you *.^

4 comments:

  1. Awesome design...did you make the Hibiscus flower too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope =)
      I bought them when exhibition in China. Those are handmade.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful necklace and I love the story you tell about it's creation.

    ReplyDelete