Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Mojo Challenge Week 4 - Findings

*smile*
After making link, one kind of findings, few days ago, so for this week I decided to make toogle and clasp or perhaps hooks too. Why I choose this kind of findings? Cause I need to make special toogle and clasp for my partner of 8th Bead Soup Blog Party, Divya from India. So I made below *wink*
Beaded toogle and clasp. I'm crazy with delica now, though a little late he he he I made this kind of toogle and clasp two pieces. One I sent it to my BSBP partner and the other I keep it and create it into a bangle. The bangle is bit special, cause I made it for birthday gift to my friend. Hope she will like it.
The toogle and clasp that I made has two side of color. One side is blue and the other side is light brown. This way, more and more possibilities for using colors in the design. So...it's time to find out the bangle right. Here my bangle using triangle toogle and clasp...

::: Eerie Blue Glow :::
Before I know about beads and jewelry making, I know astronomy world first. Although my degree is not come from here, I still follow its development up to now. This bangle is for mojo challenge. Few days ago, I started reading old post about astronomy, with the goal of finding my mojo. I have made the toogle and clasp, so it is time to create it. And then I found these pictures from Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD)...
 Image Credit & Copyright : Ian Sharp
This photo taken on March 26th 2014. This is M78 and other bright reflection nebula in the constellation of Orion. M78 is about five light-years across and visible through a small telescope.
The red arc in this infrared image from NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope is a giant shock wave, created by a speeding star known as Kappa Cassiopeiae.
Base on two main colors above - Red and Blue, I made design for the bangle. Why? Cause I want to give this to my friend for her birthday gift and she asked me for bracelet. I remember that I still have Gudo traditional lampwork beads special edition to celebrate Apollo 11 anniversary. All the elements were on my table...and here the details...
 From the last work, I am still addicted with bangle fever, so  I choose to use artistic wire to make the bangle. And for the red color, I picked soft fiber and wrap it on the wire. And for the eerie touch, I used deep blue color from Gudo special edition - The Celestial Sphere. 
Condensed blue elements, more pronounced when the toogle connected with the bangle.

Besides making beaded toogle and clasp, I made hook wire with air-dry clay sunflower and wire S hook. All of them made for my 8th BSBP partner - Divya N from Chennai - India.
Bead paper by Asri Wahyuningsih, synthetic rope, resin poppy bead and natural gaharu wood beads.
I used steinless steel wire, hard enough and perfect for link. 
Sunflower air-dry clay bead handmade by Wulan Pelita Craft
I still used steinless steel wire for the hook.

Time to visit other participants. Just click HERE or HERE on facebook group.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely clasps - posting about them today in my blog. I am still wondering what to do with them ;)

    ReplyDelete