Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Special Soup For My 8th BSBP Partner

I must put this in front of this posting. My partner has received her soup from me and wrote her blog post about the soup H.E.R.E...so it's time for me to publish my long journey to find special soup ingredients for her. I truly enjoy the moment when select some ingredients for her *smile*

I talked a lot with my 8th Bead Soup Blog Party partner from Chennai - India. Her name is Divya N. She has class to teach jewelry making and mixed media. This time, I got partner who is professional in jewelry making. She featured in and out of her country. You can read her journey in jewelry making HERE. Plus she has informative blog http://www.jewelsofsayuri.com/ too. 

And after we discussed, finally we're agree to send the soup with special theme *smile*. I will send MADE IN INDONESIA, and she will send me MADE IN INDIA. So all the soup ingredients that I mixed for her 100% handmade by Indonesian crafter. I add some beads that I made by myself. Here my soup ingredients for Divya...

 Warm Ingredients
Here I mixed perfectly well to produce warm taste to the soup. Mixed between Handpainted wood triangle link (made in Jember) + different shape of Gaharu wood beads (made in Jember) + Coconut balls (made in Yogyakarta) + Rudraksha beads (made in Kebumen) + traditional rope from natural bark (made in Surabaya).
 Color Ingredients
Here I choose many colors in one media to give attractive looks to the soup. Juicy colors on Fish pottery pendant (made in Surabaya) + Paperclay beads with rhinestone (made in Bali) + .925 Bali Silver caps (made in Bali) + Rama shadow puppet made from neat's leather and handpainted (made in Yogyakarta).
Little bit story about Rama, is the Ramayana classical story which is known throught the world. He was Shinta's husband and his wife kidnapped by Rahwana, a gigantic king. With the help of Hanuman, the white monkey, he released her. However he has doubtful whether his beloved was still a virgin after long kidnapping by Rahwana. To prove her innocence, Rama granted her request to burn herself, but the fire didn't burn his wife, proving that she still a virgin. 
 Main Ingredients
All these ingredients are traditional beads made in Gudo. As main ingredients, there are a lot of shapes. The Bali man mask is the focal, so does the big blueyer round in millifiore. The spacers are in coral and blue Chevron. The coordinate is in white and red stripes with ordinary size of beads. If you know the legend story of Chevron beads, yes proudly I announce that Gudo can make Chevron too with 4 - 5 layers only. As the technique quite difficult and require special glass, no wonder the price of Chevron beads, wherever it produced, always high.
 Spicy Ingredients
In order to make the soup more 'snatch' needed spicy elements. Just put a little, but will give considerable effect. Salty Rough beach stone from South Sulawesi + round Onyx and Marble stones (made in Tulungagung) for bitter + sweet Druzy cobochon (made in Pacitan).
 Compelling Ingredients
Soup needs appetizer elements. And seafood is a well choice right *wink* Shell chips (made in Surabaya) + Shell beads (made in Banyuwangi) + Flower of Mother of Pearl (made in Banyuwangi) + South sea pearls (made in Lombok).
Secret Ingredients
Without one of these, the soup will be tasteless. These secret ingredients are my own special concoction using delica seed bead, sono thread = beaded toogle and clasp + sunflower air-dry clay (handmade by Wulan), SS wire = hook + paper beads (handmade by Asri Wahyuningsih), gaharu wood bead, China glass beads, faux fiber rope, poppy resin, SS wire = S hook.
 Sweetener Ingredients
This element will give sweet touch to the soup. With or without it, the soup is already tasty *yuummmy* Pink Resin bead (made in Jember) + Whale glass pyrex (made in Surabaya) + Earring hooks made of steinless steel wire (made in Jakarta).
All the ingredients packed in two boxes with batik Pekalongan fabric (purple) and tenun Pekalongan fabric (light brown). I have special fabric for Divya. I hope she loves it. It's tenun ikat from Sikka village of Nusa Tenggara Timur. The tenun ikat is the background of the two boxes above.

Have a good time to enjoy the soup Divya ^.*

10 comments:

  1. wow - now that I read about each of the beads, I am able to appreciate them more thanks will link to this page also from my post

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a "recipe" with a story behind each element and color! A very profound approach, respects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwww.....a rich taste of soup with a beautiful packaging

    ReplyDelete
  4. First I love the way you & Divya decided on the themes for the soups! That way you got to share a little bit of culture with each other! Second, ALL of the ingredients are fantastic! What a great selection of beads, etc.! And third, I really love the way that you wrote this post! I could almost smell soup simmering as I was reading it! I can't wait to see your soup from Divya & what you both create with all of this deliciousness!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lecia =)
      I'll do my best to come-up with 'something' on May 3rd.

      Delete