Thursday, April 10, 2014

Mojo Challenge Week 5 - Jewelry Redos

I'm so excited with this week assignment!
I have long wanted to repair some of the jewelry I ever made. So perfect momento *thanks Heather* So lets start my jewelry redo journey...

== Redo This Jewelry Design ==
Meet with my January jewelry design for The Year of Jewelry Project. I must admit that something 'meh' with the final result. Just not like my imagination, but I had to reveal it although not succeed. Although the necklace above can be used separately, still leaves something jammed. So I have to redo the design.
Here when the lower part (Pigeon Paradise) separately from the top part (Bird's Nest).
But still I will redo the design. Something is not working there, so I have fixed it *smile*

== 1st Redo ==
I took off the two beaded triangle beads and leaves one. And keep this part to make-over.

== 2nd Redo ==
I added some beads to the beaded triangle. Sparkle of Swarovski butterfly crystal bead, wood beads and tulip resin beads to give beauty element.

== 3rd Redo ==
Plain green dangles have turned to be vines that grow in the forest. Mostly I used beadweaving technique. There are Czech leaf glass bead and seed beads, Miyuki seed beads too.

== 4th Redo ==
I made ​​quite a lot redo on Czech glass beads firepolish. Mostly I used embellished beadweaving. And for embellish beads I used Keshi pearls, Czech O beads and seed beads.
Take a look closer to the Keshi pearls. I'm so happy finally I can used my O beads *smile*

== 5th Redo ==
This part is special challenging for me. 
I want to add small beaded flower, so here my Cengkeh flower cluster *smile*

== Additional Part ==
 The neck part, I play with green hues. I want to give the impression, that this section is the deepest part of the forest with little of sunshine.
 I used fringe technique to show the impression of foliage. The front part, which is still get sunburn, the foliage looks longer and brownish green. I used dyed faceted round agate gemstones, China seed beads, Miyuki seed beads, Czech dagger glass beads.
The back part, the foliage looks shorter with deep green colors. 
 Link between additional part and redo part. I used 18ga wire for the jump-ring.
I still use 18ga wire *different color* to connect the pigeon and additional part.

== Final Result ==
::: The Remaining Forest :::
Remaining Forest's size is about 36" (long opera). 
Actually, I would like to engage The Remaining Forestin to a contest. Incidentally the theme of the contest is "GREEN". But I made ​​a mistake in terms of record the last date to entry the work *so sad* If you Ladies what to know the finalists of the GREEN contest, please click HERE.
When I did this project, I remembered that Earth Day soon. And for this jewelry design, I dedicate to celebrate Earth Day this year. And you can bid the necklace together with other artisan works on Earth Day Fundraising held by Manik Jawa on April 22th 2014. 100% of sales of Remaining Forest necklace will be included in the fundraising.

Time to find out other participants of this Mojo Challenge. You can find them at Heather's blog post H.E.R.E. or Facebook Mojo group HERE

4 comments:

  1. oh!!! There is enough in there for 5 different necklaces ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid that it's gonna be too much redo. I hope not =) my habit is making something looks weird =D and abstrac too.

      Delete
  2. What an amazing makeover! You really made some fantastic changes. I love the new piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stregajewellry =)
      I hope it will be sold on auction for fundraising.

      Delete