Sunday, November 24, 2013

Banda Bracelet

My entry for Non-Blogger / Blogger 10th Challenge - The Sea Garden hosted by Esterina M. Jagiella. I made the bracelet 100% using beadweaving techniques. I made the toogle and clasp adjustable, so wrist in any kind of size can use this bracalet. And if you like this bracelet, please kindly VOTE this bracelet by clicking HERE. Thank you...

I used square stitch to make the base row, before I embellished the base. I choose Sono thread rather than Fireline. For this project I need my work looks soft and has a lovely drape, so Fireline is little bit too stiff for the project. For the base I used 'bead soup' colours of 8o seed beads from different brand such as Czech + MGB + Toho. You can see HERE for the base picture.

For the hook part, picture above, I made it adjustable. I put some fresh water potato pearls as button. I used MGB square seed beads and russian spiral rope technique for the 'elephant trunk'. For the 'pink algae' I used MGB square seed beads too and fringe technique. The two different kind of dolphin is the kind of dolphin which found in Indonesia ocean - delphinus capensis and delphinus delphis.
The seaweed in green made of 6mm MGB bugle and 11o Miyuki seed beads plus loopy fringe technique used to embellish the 3rd base row. And the pink sponge used the same technique but this time I used 11o Miyuki seed beads, 6mm MGB bugle, 4mm Swarovski bicone and pink keshi pearls.
Do you see the coral? Three layers on dark brown *wink* 
Picture above and below are the clear pictures to show the coral part and the purple sea anemone. For the coral, I used 11o Miyuki seed beads and square stitch technique, so does the sea anemone, but different seed beads (I used MGB 11o square seed beads and czech drop glass beads).

I call the 2nd base row (above) as coral reef. Why? Most of coral reef ecosystems always have coral + sea anemone + zoanthids. That's why coral reef often called "rainforest of the sea". Speaking about zoanthids, which is it on this part?
Zoanthids of this bracelet is the red one, just like flower petals. I use brick peyote stich technique on 11o Miyuki seed beads, fresh water pearl and 4mm Swarovski bicone.
Beautiful isn't it? The coral reef surrounded by seaweed and sponges.
The 1st base row (above) embellished with seaweed, just like the 3rd base row. The technique is same too, loopy fringe, used 11o Miyuki seed beads (red + green) and 6mm MGB bugle.
Do you see the sea turtle hide and seek between the seaweed and the sponges? *giggle* The sea turtle is Gudo lampwork glass bead. The sponge just like on the 3rd base row, loopy fringe used on 11o Miyuki seed bead, 4mm Swarovski bicone and pink keshi pearls.
And for the toogle I used Czech 8mm square seed bead and basic peyote stitch technique.
Front and back when the bracelet used.

10 comments:

  1. Your bracelet is extraordinary and it's good that you've finished it on time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =)
      I spent all my night times (from 7PM to 3AM) to finish this, almost a week stayed wake-up 'til daybreak.

      Delete
  2. Woowwwww......amazing..... i love all parts....your work and your description.....and love how the turtle hide under the seaweed......very creative.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can call 'invention' for my elephant trunk =) I truly think about it, how this bracelet can suitable for everyone.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous post you bracelet is totally beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning, no other words to describe.

    ReplyDelete