Sunday, March 16, 2014

Mojo Challenge Week 3 - Back To School

When I know the theme for week 3 is learning something new *clink* my thought automatically to my new ebook The Missing Link by Cindy Wimmer. For along time I'm interesting in making link using wire. So when I know this book, I'm so glad. As I'm living in Indonesia and faraway from USA, so ebook is a perfect choice.

::: Day 01 :::
Reading the ebook page by page. And this sentence gives me more spirit to learn "The Missing Link will introduce you to how wire links can enhance your jewelry designs". Reading some important information about wire things from the ebook. Starting to learn...
 Limited tools. My flush cutter is so poor *disappointed* can't cut wire well.
First attempt made loop, coil, spiral and wrapped loop. Still looks rough

::: Day 02 :::
Time to practice the wire link tutorials! I only have one 18ga natural cooper, so I will practice with it. Stainless steel is more hard than cooper and my flush cutter can't cut it *so stresss*
Bow-Tie
Not as easy as it looks. Make the same angle of 60 degrees in order to produce the triangle of the same size is difficult. Need practice and practise. Just take a look my bow-tie, same length of wire but different result =D
Classic Hoop
Love to make this *smile* But I still need to practice more to make the circle perfect round.

::: Day 03 :::
Delayed a few days due to busy concocting soup for my partner of 8th Bead Soup Blog Party. Thanks I have learned the basic of wire links on day 01. From that learning, I can make special toogle and clasp for my partner. Time to go back to wire link...
Engagement Ring
I think I master this wk wk wk I love the result and the making process quite simple too.
Lightbulb
From all the links that I made, this is the difficult one. Bend the wire to produce a stalk bulb turns hard as well. Often coil that I made off *hiks*
Little Orbit
The last wire link that I made. The real little orbit is unique with twisted wire plus the ring flatted using chasing hammer on the bench block. Mine is no flatten, but yups I used contrasting wires to make this link eye-catching *ppssstt* I like the moment when coiled the ring.

I'll continue to learn this awesome ebook and try to design it into jewelry. Bravo to the writer - Cindy Wimmer! Hope can mixed it with beadweaving. Time to visit other participants. Just click HERE.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed that you tried so many of the links in one week! I have to get back to it and try some more when I have a little more time and patience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I should get this book too..:-D

    ReplyDelete