Monday, March 31, 2014

Monthly Challenge March 2014 Reveal Day

Hello everyone...
Today is reveal day for March challenge. This month's inspiration is photo bride and groom above using India wedding dress. So traditional...so colorful...so many elements to explore. 

For myself when I saw the photo above, I remember one of my India movie favorite - Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. One scene in this film is the manner of the Indian wedding. And I see brides wearing colorful bangle, both left hand and right hand. So I deside to make those kind of bangle. And guess what...maybe, on this challenge, I'm so productive. I made ​​quite a lot of bangles, bracelets and adjustable ring. And I explored a lot of jewelry technique too. Not only beadweaving, I explored my wirework skill and stringing too. Wanna see my work?!? Here they are...

::: Good Karma :::
 Married is a good thing that can bring good karma to us and new family that we made. So naturally, we celebrated with special. Especially clothes and jewelry. And the most important is the prayer that said over, certainly the best prayer for the bride and the groom. 
Bangles are part of traditional Indian jewelry. Bangles hold great value in Hinduism and tradition. It is considered inauspicious for a woman to have bare arms. Bangles are primarily associated with matrimony, signifying marriage in the same way that the Western wedding ring does. After wedding, the woman continues to wear her bangles as a charm of safety and luck for her husband. And after Hindu woman's husband dies, she breaks her wedding bangles in an act of mourning.

Bangles for left wrist. I used memory wire and China seed beads to make these adjustable bangles.
 Yellow for happiness and orange for succees.
 Red for energy, black for power and white for new beginning.
 Purple for independence, silver for strength and gold for fortune.
 When the bangles together on wrist.
I tried to use them *smile* and I give extra jewelry, glass rings, made by Gudo craftman. Not bad ha...

Here bangles for the right wrist. A lot of jewelry here.
Metal bangles in silver, gold and cooper. Made in China.
 Kanga
I used Miyuki seed bead, Czech faceted glass beads and acrylic red lily.
I used Russian Spiral Rope technique for this part. I choose Miyuki seed bead and Czech firepolish beads. Inside the rope, I used wire to connect each end with red lily.
I used stringing here with Gudo traditional lampwork beads.
Valayal
Same with Kanga, I used one of beadweaving technique for this part.
I string colorful Gudo traditional lampwork beads and used Miyuki seed bead for the link.
I choose peach Czech faceted glass beads and acrylic lily.
Here my first adjustable ring. I used Artistic wire, yellow Gudo traditional lampwork and green Opal gemstone.
Here the important part. The connection between ring and bangles.
Another wire adjustable ring that I made *wink*
This beautiful wire flower link and wire ball beads are handmade by Tanty Sri Hartanti.
wuuuaaalaa... final look for the right wrist. I used Gudo glass rings too give more color accent.

Well...what do you think? I'm quite satisfy with my result *smile* A lot of learning process and exploring more jewelry technique. Now is time to visit other participant of this month challenge. Just click on their name ok...







12 comments:

  1. Woooww...you put a lot of work and a lot of time for this challenge. And the result is Fascinating!! Love them all, especially the Bangles :-D
    I probably going to make one for myself LOL.
    I have not finished writing my blog post yet, but I still have time until midnight to finish that :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go and make one...play with colors is a must in here =)

      Delete
  2. Firstly, an amazing thing, I made some bangles too.
    Secondly, your work is so good, your photos are excelent and you know so much about the subject that I feel honoured to be part of your challenge.
    Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Namaste...
      Thank you Ana. I dig up a lot information about India traditional wedding. I also learned that it turns wedding bangle has a similar role to the wedding ring. Interesting right =)

      Delete
  3. You made a lot of beautiful pieces! I love the colors, the pictures, and the beautifully intricate bracelets and bangles.
    Thank you for provide such amazing inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Karin =)
      I hope you can join the next challenge too.

      Delete
  4. The wedding couple is just stunning! The colors and textures in this photo are so inspiring. I wish I had known about this challenge before today. Looks like it was a fun one. I love the bangle with connected ring you made. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pyxee =)
      The April inspiration is quite challenging too. A lot of symbols hidden in the painting. And as a connoisseur of artwork, we are free to interpret the intent of Edward's painting, and put it back in a different form - one of which is into jewelry design.

      Delete
  5. I love the Haath phool that you have made (ring/bangle combo with flower in the center) yes, many Indian communities have bangle related wedding ceremonies but Actually bangles are not a wedding symbol, they are a symbol of prosperity. It means that you have enough to give to others. Bangle breaking is a horrible custom, which people are forgetting thankfully, its movies that focus on social evils like this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bangles very much.....you used many colors but still they look harmonious.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I know the meaning of Learning by Doing =)
      My knowledge about colors so poor...but than I decide, the more I make jewelry, the more experiences I can get.

      Delete