Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Tour de Manik

I join Tour de Manik, an ongoing beads tour to spread the love of handmade to new and exciting places across Indonesia. It's way to reach people who may never touch handmade + good quality beads and give them a chance to have experience making and exchange handmade + good quality beads.

And yesterday evening the big box has arrived to my address from the former keeper of Tour de Manik - Tanty Sri Hartanti. Time to select beads that I would like to keep and prepare the replacement beads too. I am fans of Tanty's works. Her major is wirework jewelry. So I plan to keep hers *grin* now let me show you the whole chains...

 ...Clay chain...
Most on this chain is handmade polymer clay and air-dry clay beads.
 ...ETC chain...
I found handmade resin beads, shell and pearls, ceramic beads and my beaded beads which I donate for the tour.
 ...Glass chain...
A lot of Krobo beads and Gudo beads *wink*
...Stones and metals chain...
This chain is my favorite *smile* a lot of wire finding and pendant handmade by former keepers. I can't tell you how excited I am. Shocked by how many beads were actually on each chains. I went through the chains several times and finally I decided to pick these seven...

 Here what I took from the chains :
Blue Krobo glass bead
Lampwork glass bead by Mallory Hoffman
Wire flower charm by Tanty Sri Hartanti
Slice agate pendant
Square wire pendant by Tanty Sri Hartanti
Wire flower link by Tanty Sri Hartanti
Dragonfly pendant by Tanty Sri Hartanti

Here what I added to the chains :
Cat glass pyrex pendant
Rosy ring focal polymer clay by Rebekah Payne
Spring ceramic focal by Birgitta Lejonklou
Rhapsody Lucite butterfly from Germany
Gudo blue chevron beads
Ocean pearl Mirage mood bead
Handpainted owl ceramic from Mexico
Bali clay bead
Swarovsky faux pearls
Rondelles Garnet gemstones
Flower and leaves glass beads from Czech Republic

I didn't add my handmade beaded bead to the chain. Cause I saw there are some of my donate beaded beads on the chain. Now is time to wrap all the chains and keep them safe. I don't know yet who's gonna receive the next tour. I'll wait the announcement. If you want to see this Tour de Manik from the beginning, you can click link below, but I should warn you that the blog is using Bahasa Indonesia *wink* but you can enjoy the pictures of the exchange beads right.


3 comments:

  1. how does one get selected to receive the box next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. At first, open enrollment. So who will receive their turn is already signed up. Those who will receive the boxes, will be randomly selected by the committee. Run this way, until all get a turn. Once all had a turn, a new registration will be opened again.

      Delete