Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Show Off Part I

New seed beads has arrived *yiippiie* some new colors, some restock, cause I adore the colors and I usually use it in my design. Most of my seed bead I bought from local shop and local online shop. When I bought seed bead from overseas, I never doubt about the size. But lately, there are events that disturb me when making jewelry using seed beads that I bought from local shop / online shop. It's 11o size. I made sama design, one using Miyuki 11o that I bought from overseas with blue color, and the other using Miyuki 11o that I bought from local with red color. The result is different. I'm quite surprise. At first glance, they look the same. But when I lined the two colors on needle, yes it's different size. I guess the blue is 11o and the red is 13o. I'll show you on other post about this. But, is there any information that I should know about Miyuki size? I think Miyuki has same size for 11o although different colors right, as long as it is the same round Miyuki.


It's time to temporarily store my new seed bead and take out my wirework gear *hwaiting* time to learn new thing.

2 comments:

  1. I would find it disturbing too that Miyuki size11/0 from two sources are different. I've no idea why that happens. According to Miyuki website there is no size 13/0. Check it out here: https://www.miyuki-beads.co.jp/english/seed/01.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really annoying indeed. I was planned to make earring, but when the result was not same big, I cancel it. Ohhh that's right, they don't have 13o, so why it's different size?
      I open Miyuki black cover book and there is 12o, could it be that?

      Delete