Saturday, January 25, 2014

Circular Logic

I was too late to enter my work for week 3's challenge of The Year of Jewelry Project. The theme for week 3 is Circular Logic and you can find out works from other participant in HERE. So let me reveal my design for this theme...

  1. ...Circular reasoning, is a logical fallacy in which "the reasoner begins with what he or she is trying to end up with". The components of a circular argument are often logically valid because if the premises are true, the conclusion must be true. ...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_logic
The bird and the egg, which one is the first?!? From this example, my design begin. Do you see the the arrows? The triangles symbolize the arrows. The arrows showing you the circular reasoning between the egg and the bird. The truth about two things (among birds and eggs) are often logically valid because if the premises are true, the conclusion must be true. However, the argument is useless because the conclusion is one of the premises. Circular logic cannot prove a conclusion because, if the conclusion is doubted, the premise which leads to it will also be doubted.
Lets go back to the necklace *smile* the long necklace (36" length) as seen on photo above, actually consists of two necklaces. The final result looks not ordinary perhaps for others, but I am satisfied cause it success to delivered my idea about circular logic term. The two necklaces are...

 ...The Bird's Nest...
 The length of this necklace is 19".
 The clasp is bird's nest charm, handmade by Nofie.
 The toogle are arrows made using geometric triangle which using delica. This is new technique for me and love it. I'll explore more this triangle, wait for my work of week 4 ok *wink*
And for the necklace, I combine sorrel organza ribbon and chain with gold color. I used 26 ga Artistic Wire in gold to tie-up the ribbon and the chain.

 ...Pigeon Paradise...
 The necklace length is 15".
 I stringed 11o Miyuki and 4mm Czech firepolish glass beads.
Pretty element of this necklace just like hidden paradise *smile*
  The clasp is pigeon traditional Gudo lampwork bead. I used Czech red crystal spacer to make crest of the bird =D
 The pretty element consist of Czech leaf and flower glass press beads. Add a lucent touch from gold open-jump ring and and round blue sky traditional Gudo lampwork beads.
The toogle are the same technique for The Bird's Nest necklace.

Well...
What do you think about the necklace? Really want to hear from you ladies.



No comments:

Post a Comment