Tuesday, June 17, 2014

5th A Time To Stitch Reveal

This is the first time I joined a challenge that pure about beadweaving. I'm so happy when found out about this challenge, so perfect for me. More practice for my beadweaving. And our host is Therese and Christine.


So...
What kind of stitch did I choose? Most of my skill on beadweaving is about peyote. I want to try something different. So when I saw free tutorial at Bead and Button website - Daisy Lane by Luis Hernandez, I decided to try ladder stitch. Look likes simple and easy. And I have quite a lot bugle beads too. So perfect choice right...

::: Ladder Stitch In 3 Motions :::
To be honest, I never thought that end part of a bugle quite sharp. At first, I used Sono thread, and perhaps I was too strong to pull the thread and the tread broken. So I was worry about this. So I changed the thread with Fireline and Wildfire. So lets start the reveal with...

The basic elements of each bracelet that I will change are :
 ...the bugle size + the seed bead + the toogle + the thread + the embellish bead... 
The technique is all the same - ladder stitch

Elaphe Guttata
Elaphe Guttata is Miami Corn Snake. I love their skin pattern colors - red, silver and black. And I hoarded quite long time for the sterling silver snake toogle and clasp, waiting for the perfect moment to create something using this special toogle. 
For this bracelet I used :
Miyuki twist bugle 6 mm
Fireline
Miyuki 13o seed bead
Czech spike glass bead
Bali snake sterling silver toogle
I found out that my spike's result is not exactly like what I wanted. I will make some addition after this. Perhaps will do circular peyote on the bottom of the spike so it will looks become one with the bottom.

Misty Garden
These three bracelets must be integral to a story. So the snake above is the subject. And this bracelet is the object. Curious?!? Follow me 'til the end okay *wink*
 For this bracelet I used :
Toho bugle tube 9 mm
China bugle bead 3 mm
Wildfire
Miyuki 13o seed bead
Miyuki 11o seed bead
Czech drop glass bead
Swarovski butterfly crystal
Czech press flower
Lily flower enamel box clap
I made some changing on the beads. For sure, the embellish part quite different. The edge part of the bugles (picot edge), I changed the 3 seed beads with - 1 seed bead, 1 drop bead, 1 seed bead...same technique...the result fantastic different right *smile* And at the clasp part, the first bracelet using the same size bugle size, but on this bracelet, I used different size and color.

Under The Bush
Have you guessed the story behind these three bracelets yet? This bracelet is the predicate *LOL* yups The elaphe guttata is hiding under the bush on the misty garden.
 For this bracelet I used :
Miyuki bugle 11 mm
Fireline
Miyuki 13o seed bead
Miyuki 11o seed bead
Toho magatama
Czech O bead
Czech press leaf
Czech riso bead
Swarovski flower crystal spacer
Swarovski bicone 3 mm
Bali snake sterling silver toogle
The technique is still the same for the bugle, the technique for the picot edge of the bugle is the same way too, the X base for embellish is still the same, the way I connected the toogle and clasp is still the same way. I only change the beads, the colors and the size. The result is totally different. So the idea behind this challenge completely TRUE! By changing the beads, the colors and the size, can change the whole look of the piece, even using the same stitch.

It is fascinating to find out how bead choices, colors changes or size upgrades can change the piece, more than the stitch. So it is time to find out MORE by blog hoping to other participants below. More surprise pieces I believe...


Hosts:


Participants
 ---> LiliKrist <---


18 comments:

  1. Nice how you bead 'wove a story' :) I dont know naything about these stitches so Purely from a layman's point of view I like the misty garden better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yups...the composition are all match to each other =)

      Delete
    2. These are all beautiful! The variations in the ladder stitch are interesting, but the variations in embellishment are the star here!

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of these bracelets making. All these three are surprisingand beautiful results of the same technique and you are mastered this difficult technique. And now I know that you are a very patient, love details and perfectionist....what an amazing combination...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patient and detail are true, but not with the perfectionist :)
      So join with us for the next challenge right.

      Delete
  3. Great story and awesome pieces...I love them all. You did an excellent job with the beads....I love the snake closure....Great job

    veradesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your story! Great exploration of ladder stitch. I think my favorite is the last one...under the bush.I just love the coppery daggers on that one. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bracelets ... LOVE the embellishments!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous bracelets! I can't believe how different they all look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your story of how the bracelets are designed. It is amazing how different they look when you swap out the beads. Such fun pieces to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi LiliKrist,
    I love the story that your three beautiful bracelets tell, very imaginative. You did a wonderful job on grasping this challenge, the same but different. My favorite of your three is "Under the Bush". Thank you so much for participating in this round of ATTS and I hope that you will join us again for ATTS 6.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous bracelets, I love all your different embellishments, they are all fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are so cool - what a fantastic design and just genius to use your base stitch as the constant stitch. you wouldn't know it! they are all so beautifully unique

    ReplyDelete
  11. How great to see the basics, and then the embellishments. You really made those bracelets fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness ~ these are beautiful! And so is the story :-) You really did take the same ladder and made it look completely different each time. All the bracelets are gorgeous! That snake bracelet ~ WOW! I am in awe of the vision you had for that one. Vivid, great colors, wonderful textures with those spikes, and a really cool clasp! Thanks so much for participating in this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing and beautiful bracelets. I had no idea ladder stitch could be so versatile and beautiful-- and your clasps are so amazing as well. A real treat to see all of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing bracelets! I never thought of using bugles in ladder stitch. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi LiliKrist, Fabulous job on all three bracelets. The teal and copper is my favorite but the flower embellished is a very close second. Great job on this challenge. I use the ladder stitch on the straps of my necklace and then embellished them.

    ReplyDelete