Monday, June 2, 2014

Finally...Reveal Monthly Challenge : May 2014

After postpone my reveal design, finally today I have good mood to take some shoots of my piece. Let me remind about the May inspiration, it is movie poster of Gravity.

Release Date : Oct 4, 2013
Directed By : Alfonso CuarĂ³n

With the inspiration about space, at the first week I was so excited. But on May 05, I got bad news about my rented house. And suddenly every details of the design inside my head was disappear. My focus gone totally. My mind is divided into three : looking for a new rented house, think about the fate of my cats and also completed the challenges that I follow.

You have to believe me that I had do the best to finish this design. At first, when I saw the poster, I remembered about the star pin which is using to communicate on Star Trek TV series. I have beautiful star polymer clay bead handmade by Esterina K. Jagiella, so perfect for pin. And I will add peyote with earth pattern night view, inspired with National Geographic's photo...


The problem is I don't have a pin at all. Totally forget to buy one. So I changed my plan. I made it as pendant for necklace or keychain. Here my design for May Monthly Challenge...

 ::: INTERSTELLAR :::
 Here my view of Earth at night from space. All of them using delica seed bead.
 Here the beautiful star polymer clay bead handmade by Esterina. I do not need to add anything, because the bead is already quite eye-catching
Simple bail, impressed for what it is and certainly less so fit. I will change this into the first plan, that's pin. So I will find out some pins which are matching with the design.

I am so relieved.
One challenged is down. Tomorrow is another one *smile* I hope I have sweet way-out for my rented house and my cats. Wish me the best luck for tomorrow ok *my final decision should be take place tomorrow*

Once again...here other participants for May Monthly Challenge...

7 comments:

  1. Lilik you have beautifully translated the night sky into the seed bead piece - wonderful. I understand how difficult it is to find a good house for rent - wishing you good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have your way out of your problems right now. How many cats do you have? So, you also love cats.....

    And as always, your work on beads is amazing...the continents are all there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only you would have thought about beading the map of the world of peyote. You are so amazing. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your idea of making the map of the world is amazing. I am sorry I didn't join the challenge. Last month was very hectic Month for me...but I will join the next challenge. And good luck for finding a house for your cat :-)

    ReplyDelete