Monday, June 30, 2014

Reveal Monthly Challenge : June 2014

Another reveal day *smile*...

My creative mood is truly should say thanks to those many jewelry challenges out there. By join them, I can explore and learn new way of jewelry making. My soul is in beadweaving, but I cannot close my eyes from other techniques. At least I have to try it. Just like for this challenge, with the inspiration below quote, I tried to make something out of my comfort zone.


Making jewelry using wire is so famous everywhere. So I decided to try to make simple wire stringing for this challenge. Loop by loop. My patience has been tested through beadweaving, so making small loop wire between beads just need another portion of my patience *wink* what I need from this test is NEAT result. Well...are they NEAT enough Ladies (especially those who have been used this technique to make jewelry)? Please give me your criticism...

::: SILVER HAWK :::
Yupss...I made one set - necklace, ring and bracelet. I was dying to make the design as simple as possible. If you have visited this blog quite often, you will found out how wild my imagination and turn it into complicated piece of jewelry. To achieve that simplicity, I looks at Korean , Chinese and Japanese teenage style which is in my opinion their style is ready to use and easy going with one single tone of colors.
So I picked silver. I love silver tone. Matching with any colors. The materials are light weight. Cause I believe that teenage avoid heavy jewelry with complex details *grin* 
 See the loop between the beads? Neat enough kah?
Speaking about the materials, I used wire a lot for this design. Some resin beads, synthetic pearls, glass beads, chain and headpins. My skill  in using pliers is tolerable for now L.O.L trust me pliers were so heavy for me at the first. 'Pull the wire with plier to shape' needs more power than 'pull the thread to shape'...yeah yeah I enjoy this 'pull' moment *smile*

For couples Monthly Challenges I was late on the reveal day. Perhaps others think that I'm not serious making this challenge event. Well...I can't guess the rhythm of my life. Ups and downs. At least I came up with design to fulfill the reveal day although late *sorry* I think I am alone for this month, although I noticed there are two Ladies signed up this month. I know both Ladies will be so busy this month, the days before the fasting of Ramadhan. Still I will visit them, hopefully they can come-up with their piece of jewelry design for this challenge. Here they are...



2 comments:

  1. beautiful pieces but I really like the necklace. The focal has a sumi-e feeling to it and yes your loops are really good :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwww.....I love the silver pearls combination...very classic...and the simple design made them wearable to use for many occasions...
    You're very neat....the loops are small and have the same sizes....although I used wires for years, but still I don't have patience to make loops as small and neat as yours. Congratulations.....you conquered the wire....
    I am sorry I haven't finished mine.....hopefully it'll be finished by this end of the week

    ReplyDelete